Launching your brand on social media can be a daunting task. In this blog, we’ll cover the who, where, and how to unlock a successful social media launch for your brand. After all, no one wants to be THAT brand with over 1MM in sales but only 5 Instagram followers (#embarrassing).
Let’s kick off with the most important element: who.
Before you start mapping out your content, channels, or posting cadence, you need to understand who you are and who your target audience is. If your brand is a golden egg that’s relevant to everyone – congratulations! – but also, take a dive into your analytics to see if you spot any trends in audience demographics, interests, or behaviors. You might be surprised to discover that even if your brand is for everyone, it likely does resonate with a certain someone, and THAT’s who you should focus on first. Launching your brand on social media is more than just tossing some posts into the interweb, it’s ensuring that you’re telling your brand’s story in a way that is impactful to those who mean the most to you.
Fast forward to your second date with social media… you know who you are, you know who you’re with, but do you really know where you’re going?
The number of outlets where you can be launching your brand on social media is overwhelming: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Reddit, LinkedIn, and the list goes on… and on… and on… The comforting news is that your audience already has a favorite place to be and a least favorite place to be, and you can unlock it with research. In addition to the internal research you’ve already completed, audit your competitors to understand where you should be launching your brand on social media right away (this is the low-hanging fruit). Aside from defining where you should be, think about where you can be. Do you have the time, resources, and support to be on multiple channels? If not, put a plan in place and ask for help where needed. After launching your brand on social media, the channels you prioritize on will shift with trends and time, so buckle up and get ready to be nimble.
Now that you know your audience and where you’ll be launching your brand on social media it’s time to cover how.
You might be a little disappointed to read this far and learn it’s not a cookie-cutter solution. With that in mind, here are some key tips we can provide to help guide you:
- Define what success looks like for your brand on social media.
- Based on your definition of success, develop content themes that will guide your audience to your goals.
- Define a post cadence that your audience is receptive to. Pro tip: research recommendations for your industry and confirm this frequency recommendation your competitors. If your competitors are posting 2x the industry average, but have zero engagement on their posts #DontBeLikeThem.
- Draft your content out 2 weeks to 1 month in advance; this will save you from scrambling later on. But be ready to hop into daily trends and engage with user generated content (aka don’t just schedule a month of content and only visit back 30 days later).
- Analyze, analyze, analyze! You might think your content is awesome, but how did your audience react? Launching your brand on social media will bring you a wave of learnings. Take those learnings and adapt them to your content, cadence, and overall strategy.
Truth be told, launching your brand on social media is a bigger challenge than most business owners want to admit. Our team at tSG is not only here to help you launch your brand on social media, but also thrive on social media. If you’re ready to engage, connect, and retain your users via social media – we’re here to help.